- Seeing an elderly couple having dinner together.
- Reading love stories that are oh so familiar, yet end quite differently.
- Having a 15 year anniversary pass by without celebration.
- Redoing a will and life insurance. Alone.
- Missing the feeling of holding someone’s hand.
- Watching a couple exchange an inside joke.
Yes, I know I am blessed. I am surrounded by people who love me and I do not take that for granted. But in all honesty, there are days where sadness wells up inside me and I go through the entire day with a lump in my throat. Days when the “moments” happen more than once and I can’t usher them to the back of my brain.
As much as it hurts I know it’s all part of the process. The process of letting go and healing. Something I’m not too particularly fond of because I have to feel and move and continue with life.
Am I OK? Absolutely. Do I hurt? Absolutely. Is God still good? Absolutely.